Did you know?
- A home structure fire is reported every 82 seconds!
- Only 1/5 to 1/4 (23%) of households have actually made and practiced a fire escape plan?
- Heating equipment was the leading cause of 22% of home fire deaths.
- Almost 2/3 of home fire deaths result from fires in homes with either no smoke alarms or alarms that were not working.
- Roughly 1 out every 5 smoke alarm failures was due to dead batteries.
- January and February are the peak months for non fire Carbon Monoxide incidents.
- Almost 9 out of every 10 (89%) of reported non-fire Carbon Monoxide incidents take place in the home.
- The peak time of day for Carbon Monoxide incidents is between 6pm and 10pm.